Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Even more

Through shivering shadows
and desanctified sadness
Through
beautifully helpless happiness
and damaged gladness
Through nonexistent comfort
and dissipated faith

blank thoughts
Characterized by even more empty stares

Through slivers of light
and delicate madness
Through
Hideously low trapped in this
and crumbling peace
Through common wisdom hidden
and abating fate

Rank rot
Americanized by even more empty glares



Clad in all black
Jesus is back
with bruised arms
a mask of contusions layering his face
See how the past conclusions fair in this place
Gravitating towards
Golgotha
It’s time that he
fought the
demons that we refuse to release

Destroy
the love on lease
that cruelty
wishes to
Increase

And he plods slowly
on the sidewalk
below the frigid cityscape
To the left of the prisons
To the right of corruption
Below a
Heaven that no one will hold



You’re a clone
a copy consumed by a lack of self-clarification
and a lack of confidence
actions cry for attention
and your posture cries for assistance
And…yes I’ve been cruel
And…yes I’ve spoken and joked with you
And….then talked behind your back
Selective kindness
is a contradiction
I’ll
try
to redirect this mindless
lack of conviction
I just hope you
can find yourself
amongst all
this superficial
sadistic social sacrifice
Would there be conflict
If everyone was secure with themselves…


Out of my life
Out of my mind
Out of my images
Out of my influence
You were a mistake
And it was fate for
Us to be such a
Magnificent
Failure
You’re the vapor of a wind I no longer breathe



Arrogance
I declare with a glint
And every step I take
Cleverness left you
Looking for a namesake
as I swagger
through the cemetery
Dancing through
the tombstones
Fancy a glaze of glue
For the lips that still groan?
My mouth full of rabies
and some gray foam
I’m just a well-dressed
animal
Welcome back to your
permanent home



Disheveled hair
and the warped metal
Declares
Remastered disaster
Coming upon
Frantic and
Faster
as she wrapped
her arms ritualistically
Around
That superfluous
Relaxation
That gun fight
Numbs the lights
in your irises
Pours through
Your listlessness


Immediately
Working deviously
Scheming
Dreaming
Leaning heavily
on what is wanted
on what is wished for
on what is missed
But may yet be in store
If I can muster patience
If I can keep myself in check
If I can ignore the luster of a great pinch
of
Ignorance
And weep within a war
That I cannot
Ignore
This mind that rarely slows down
That fares better
When it’s not imbedded
In the ground

No police
No regulation
No standards to meet
No inhibitions
No false freedom
No souls for purchase
No mass-murder
No suicidal military commitments
No praise for lust as a replacement for love
No praise for the corrupt as long as you’re in their favor
No sadism
No apathy

No comments: