Friday, January 18, 2008

Coast

This places upsets me. I hate being at the beach, because it's an incessant reminder of how I hate swimming, how much I fear swimming in the ocean. How pitiful of a person I am rendered when put in isolation. I also hate family 'vacations' which are an endurance test and a superfluous waste of time simultaneously. For once I would appreciate my free time to not be adulterated by the idiotic notions of other peoples schedules and interpretations of what concepts like family and togetherness. I will not have my life bound by another's perception of me, or anything else at any point in time. When seniority becomes knowledge I'll be more apt to listen. But aging does not imply wisdom. Nor does it imply maturity. Whenever I find comfort in something it is taken from me. Whenever I put my faith in something, it is exposed as the result of my elated ignorance. It's problematic that I'm at my happiest when I'm at my least thoughtful. It is also troublesome to realize that, my family life can be held accountable for a frightening amount of my struggles. I am disatisfied with this life that I am being handed. I hate my parents.

No comments: