Monday, May 14, 2007

When I'm In the Ground

you were trapsin around my funeral
clad in black
Next to the shack
It was just fate you were at my funeral
wailing hymns not fit for living ears
sobbing sins that you spit through that dousing of tears
at this point cryin’s for naught
I’m gone carry on-forget this spot
I was gettin lowered into the ground
Rigor mortis is my new best friend
It’s a shame this dream had to end
Cuz everything from the daffodils
To the verdant hills
screeched
‘We miss him so’
You were fakin your pain at my funeral
You were embracing my pain at my funeral
All I wanted was goodbye, a somber wave
But you trampled the flowers-kicked mud everywhere
Rambled about what a disaster I was- threw punch in their hair
How dare you pretend to care
I’m gone this song has lost it’s air

1 comment:

Allison said...

i'm wondering what inspired this one