Sunday, August 19, 2007

Angry, cruel poem inspired by the new Interpol album

Recipes on the mind
Ravaging combinations
Speeding with unique qualities
Which appeal to the celerity?
Of my nature
Recently more restless
Than I’ve ever been before
Reentry find some composure from the closure
The crumbling carousel
The avalanche of avarice
Is there something I missed
You trifle, you dumb thing, you thoughtless tryst
Incessantly

virescent

Bathing in overabundant envy
Laying in such redundant thoughts
so pungent
why don’t you end me
Is there something I missed
You trifle, you dumb thing, you thoughtless tryst
With thoughts of
how thoughtless
the concepts
were to begin
The vague regressing ambition
The lake of a depressing lack of conviction
And I block your explanations
Before you even give them the luxury of defenses
You’ll become more a trifle with the rifle pressed against your collar bone
You’ll become more of a dumb thing when I un-sing everything I ever decided to holler and groan
you’ll become more of a tryst when I realize you’ll were never really missed
I don’t need your comfort
Spare me the statement of how much you care

No comments: