Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Inspired by Interpol Again

Pepper in your eyes
Salt in your wound
I shouldn’t have brought it up-
It was all to soon
At least I can learn from what I now discern
Or is that not a consolation
Purify the flies
That balk at the flume of
Forgetfulness
I’m bettin this
will continue to croon
You’re a menu in bloom
If you pardon the comment
the comparison
The brashness
the glass drifts
Through your piece of mind
Quiescent
Dormant
Affable adjectives
Which I would love to apply to this intense delirium
My minds a ship
an automobile
An airplane
With no idea where they are, or who is steering them
And I alternate between maturity
and ought to hate that I keep blurring the
indistinct line between
right and wrong
but I unlearned ethics
I burned
the ideaology but I originally fed it
and it's insatiable gluttony
and it's paralyzing recommendations
So I'll use my body like a visor
Insecurity's a whore
she love's every bit of me
But I truly despise her
And the more attention I give her
The more she seems to think
That I am a test case quite voluntarily
The more she seems to press the ideal that she bury me

No comments: