Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Life

For every joke they push
For every toke they take
For every sip down the human drain
Anything to not feel like ourselves
Anything for new
People drifting in and out of our consciousness
We pretend they matter
Until we get fed up
We’ve all just been set up
Our hopes raised so damn high
Just adjust your aplomb
So that you might stun
And maybe you’ll end up fitting in
The muffled muzzle of the gun with the silencer
to convince the gunshot to keep quiet
As it throttles the disputatiousness from your conversation
Hope is unrealistic if you think about it a long
long
hard while
Exasperation embodied-I wander in my head
Thoughts become unwanted detours on a road
Made of past and present homesteads
But now that the dwelling’s selling me-where do I go
Discarded-
Dangerously overlooked
Your dedication is a cop-out
Your expectations an unstoppable drought
Faded and elated hiding in transpontine shack
And the nerves loosely tied within my skin say your on my mind as everything begins to turn black
I was ever so protean, but I am done doting them.

No comments: