Sunday, October 28, 2007

Give and Take

Announcements galore
Renditions they pore
From the water pump that sought to lump
Us altogether in an intricate ideal
Ignoring the insipid differences in all that we feel
Ducking behind me-guess I’ll be the shield
But shelter is something I will not supply
A diminutive bird on my shoulder
Disheveled, feathers peeling away
Help her to realize that the amount you cry
Will not affect the how the when or with whom you die
Carpe diem
Before they bar your freedom
With a concrete fist
And an asphalt apathy
Stuttering symphonies of jilted guitars bring bastions of bravery
That compensate for the crawling cowardice
I want some harsh truths
I want your words to make me cringe
I want you verbally break it down, a vocal binge
Life is a maelstrom of flotsam
A whirling drain
A pearl dotted with strange
Curling stains
Which hurl the pain to a dreamlike domain
And I drift drowsily hoping for a hope
The lack of naiveté is killing me
Brink it back to breathing the fill of the sea
That electrifies my head
And calms my bones
God’s there so she won’t be scared
Whatever keeps the demons at bay
A squad that shares
They shot her stares
And reached for her hand
Since I’m out of sight
It seems my time is no longer at hand
Prolific or nothing-there’s no between
You lit at the speed you would have spit and insult from those over pronounced lips
And seem to agree but it would be to humbling to say so, catapulting your hands to your hips

No comments: